Friday, August 27, 2010

Compiling the Android OS: Take 2

Turns out, it's a bit more complicated than I previously thought. I ran "make clean" and then followed the instructions I've posted below. I've just run "make" again (without the -j3). I'm letting it compile for the night and tomorrow morning I will hopefully be able to finish the next steps and flash the phone successfully this time!

Thanks to lpasq at xda developers for posting the code I needed!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724240

#clean out prior compiled files
make installclean
make clean

#update AOSP froyo source files
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b froyo
cd ~
repo sync

#setup compiling environment and build
cd ~
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch

#USB connect N1 and initiate ADB
cd ~
adb devices

#ADB pull needed device files
cd ~
cd device
cd htc
cd passion
./extract-files.sh

#build the Passion *.img's
cd ~
make -j3

#view compiled folder's new boot.img/system.img/userdata.img
cd ~
cd out
cd target
cd product
cd passion
echo 'see flashable files:'
ls *.img

#create update.zip
cd ~
make -j3 otapackage

No comments:

Post a Comment