Monday, November 12, 2012

Teensyduino Trouble

I was getting an error like this (can't remember it exactly and, of course, didn't think to copy-paste it somewhere. . .).
22 java: not found

I looked for java and couldn't find it on the machine, so I tried sudo apt-cache search java and got entirely too many unhelpful results. . . (I piped it through "more" and the results still weren't terribly helpful).

Then, I found a site where they were downloading Arduino for Raspberry Pi and noticed what looked like the command I used last time I downloaded java plus the "librxtx" is part of the name of a file in the arduino software. I tried this and then the Arduino software already on the machine worked great!

sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jre
sudo apt-get install librxtx-java

No comments:

Post a Comment